Thursday, August 06, 2009

BABY LOVEBIRD!!!! 04-08-09

Hello people!!!! I am finally a grandma now!!!!
After waiting for 28 days EXACTLY, one of the egg finally hatched!!!
I was about to give up when I saw how Bluey started to ignore the eggs. I read from somewhere that the female bird will lose interest in the eggs once they know its infertile.

I've calculated that it will hatch on the 4th, I even noted it down on my calendar!!!
On 5th morning, I was doing the usual routine, changing their water, replacing the food, out of curiousity, I used a touch light and shine into the box and was shocked to see a baby!!!
I did check on 4th morning, nothing out yet, so my guess was either 4th night or 5th early morning!

Ahhhhhh....I am so excited to find out what color it is going to be! Pure Blue like Bluey? Green?? or maybe just pied-faced (mixture)

And guess what???? I just saw another egg with cracks on it!!! Not too sure whether it will hatched tonight!!!!

Anyway, check out the first baby!!!! I will try to take picture every other day to see how much it grows...=)

Day 1 Can you spot the wing??

















it's facing down, so can't see the face! The eyes are not even open yet!

2 comments:

Hillary said...

!!! So exciting! I can't believe it! You are going to be a grandma!

So, how often will Bluey be laying eggs?

Fangz said...

It really depends on how often they mate and also the food they take!!
also if they are being exposed to light too often,they tend to breed more...