Saturday, October 18, 2008

Crabstick Fried Macaroni with Cheese

Yeah!! Got the sudden urge to cook this dish when I gave some idea to Nadnut on plurk!
I got to learn this dish from my cousin when I was in Primary 6.
It's pretty easy to cook.

Ingredients:

1/3 pack of Macaroni (for 2)
5 crab sticks (sliced)
2 clove garlic (diced)
1 small white onion (diced)
Virgin Olive oil (or butter if you want to feel more unhealthy HAHA)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 teaspoon Sugar
3 slices Kraft Cheddar cheese (or your preference of cheese)
Maggi Tomato sauce (Agar Agar...depend how much gravy you like)
A little water to make it not so thick.
Oregano herbs
Parsley

Directions:

1. Cook the macaroni according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water to make it QQ. Drain again and set aside.
2. Add oil to saucepan and stir in diced onion and garlic until fragrant. Add in crab sticks or other ingredients you prefer like sausages, tuna or mushroom. Mix ingredients well.
3. Add in Tomaton sauce and stir in a little water to prevent sticking. Sprinkle sugar and salt in.
4. Add in cooked Macaroni and mix all ingredients well and sprinkle oregano and parslay.
5 Add sliced cheese on top of Macaroni and cover the sauce pan for 20 sec (actually I also agar agar one lah hahaha)
6. Serve on a plate and add ground black pepper to your desire!

TADAH! EASY RIGHT??? hehehe...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is no cheese in the list of ingredients, but when done cooking, the dish is with cheese! Amazing!

BTW, what type of cheese is it? Cheddar?

I think this is a very good child-friendly dish. I'm gonna make it when I attend a children's potluck birthday party. There's always one or two around the corner...

Fangz said...

Whoops! Yup I added Kraft Cheddar sliced cheese...