Sunday, August 10, 2008

Money No Enough 2

On thursday, I had a free movie ticket to watch 'Money No Enough' by Jack Neo, our own local director.

Kris got the tickets from a fellow blogger, who gaveout free tickets on behalf of Blog Aloud. Basically, they hope that the bloggers can write about the show.

I remember watching 'Money No Enough 1' and I find it quite funny, but not a hardcore fan I must say, and I would not spend the money to watch a local production unless it’s REALLY interesting or it’s FREE! This is due to me “Money no enough” so cannot anyhow spend. Haha.

Anyway, the starting of the show was quite lame, showing people tearing down the ERP gantry and throwing it into the river and all. It’s all CG effect and I feel that Singapore has improved in it. So much better than China but if you want to compare with Hollywood, “No horse run” wahahahaaha…meaning no horse willing to run LOL NO LAH! I don’t know how to explain…means…Boh Beh Zhao lor! WAHAHAHAHA….

Ok ok, enough of the horses, back to review. I find the storyline is very realistic, typical Singaporean life. I didn’t expect the story to be like this, and didn’t expect myself to cry.

EVEN KRIS CRY LOR!

Basically it’s the story of 3 brothers and their mother. I admire the mother lar! Her acting skill is power lor I tell you!! And heard from my colleague she is 86 or 87 this year! My god, really best lah! And hor! She is the woman from the Malaysia UIC advertisement! No wonder I find her so familiar, but she aged damn a lot.

I think Jack Neo has succeeded in touching our hearts regarding filial piety. After the show, he appeared out of nowhere and starting talking about the production, telling us his motive for filming this movie etc.

Good la, next time if there’s more such event I must go, cause get to see the casts and director! Hopefully is Christopher lee, then I can ask him whether he still remember the little girl who served him the piping hot “Xia Mian” (prawn noodle) from Whampoa market!! WAHAHAHAHAHA…..Kris Chris, can you don’t marry Fann??? Thank you.


















No comments: